We want to hear from YOU! "Empowering Women – Empowering Humanity: Picture It!" is an invitation to engage in the conversation, to imagine a world in which gender equality and women's empowerment is a reality, as well as to discuss existing gaps. It is a call to action, with a strong focus on visuals and imagination.
Share on social media
Your voice matters! Take one moment to spread the word on #Beijing20. It's easy. Download your favourite image and share it with your own message or use one of our tailored messages below.
Share our message!
Twitter: Maternal mortality more than doubles in conflict. @UN_Women infographic: http://ow.ly/N8XgM #Beijing20 [UPLOAD INFOGRAPHIC 1]
Facebook: Maternal mortality more than doubles in conflict. Learn more from [@UN Women]’s infographic: http://ow.ly/N8XgM #Beijing20 [UPLOAD INFOGRAPHIC 1]
Share our message!
Twitter: How does conflict affect women's land rights? @UN_Women infographic: http://ow.ly/N8XgM #Beijing20 [UPLOAD INFOGRAPHIC 2]
Facebook: How does conflict affect women's land rights? Learn more from [@UN Women]’s infographic: http://ow.ly/N8XgM #Beijing20 [UPLOAD INFOGRAPHIC 2]
Want more? A comprehensive social media package with messages in English, Spanish and French and a variety of images can be accessed here.
Men and boys, raise your voice for change
It's 2014 and women around the world are still being abused, objectified and silenced. Yet, women are half of the world's potential and every single one has the right to a life free from discrimination. Your voice is powerful—raise it to tell the world why equality for every woman and girl is worth fighting for through UN Women's #HeForShe campaign. Speak up now »
Think you know women's rights? Test your knowledge by taking our five-question/short quiz on #Beijing20. I'm ready! Take me to the quiz »
Love quizzes? Say no more. We love making them! Keep an eye out for more quizzes every month!
There are various ways you can get involved. If you are interested in attending an event in your country, please refer to the Events calendar. If you are organizing your own activity to commemorate Beijing+20, our toolkit might offer useful resources.
Help spread the word by engaging people you know, hosting or co-hosting events to promote the Beijing+20 campaign, such as:
- A film festival around the theme of women's rights
- Photo or essay writing competition that captures what gender equality means today
- Panel discussions with NGOs or activists who attended the Beijing Conference of 1995, and the post-Beijing generation
- Regional online discussions from different countries on what women's empowerment and gender equality mean to different generations
- Local performers coming together to host a show on women's rights
- School debating competitions on women's rights or a drawing contest among students
- A panel discussion with journalists who attended Beijing on their take "what went right, what went wrong?"