Violence against Women
In November, we focus on the social, health and economic costs of violence against women and the efforts in legislation and advocacy to prevent this pandemic that affects one-in-three women worldwide. Violence against women and girls, a human rights violation, continues to hamper women's equality, and deter development for all.
Read more »
Our editorial packages feature facts, stories, audiovisual and social media content focused on each of the 12 "Critical Areas of Concern" identified in the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action. They'll be rolled out once a month beginning in June of 2014. Below are the release dates for upcoming topics.
- Human rights of women [coming in December 2014]
- Education and training of women [coming in February 2015]
- Institutional mechanisms for the advancement of women [coming in March 2015]
- Women and health [coming in April 2015]
- Women and the media [coming in May 2015]
- Women and armed conflict [coming in June 2015]