Human Rights of Women
In December, we focus on the importance of women's human rights to every aspect of life—health, education, political participation, economic well-being, freedom from violence, among many others. Protection of women's human rights must be embedded in national law and policy aligned with international norms, and supported by advocacy to ensure that both women and men know their human rights and have the power to claim them.
Read more »
Our editorial packages feature facts, stories, audiovisual and social media content focused on each of the 12 "Critical Areas of Concern" identified in the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action. They'll be rolled out once a month beginning in June of 2014. Below are the release dates for upcoming topics.
- Education and training of women [coming in February 2015]
- Institutional mechanisms for the advancement of women [coming in March 2015]
- Women and health [coming in April 2015]
- Women and the media [coming in May 2015]
- Women and armed conflict [coming in June 2015]